Sunday, September 12, 2010

YMCA is the devil in disguise.

Initially I wasn't even at the Y. I was walking through the supermarket where my ex was working - maybe he owned it, I don't remember. We got into this fight and I locked the inside of the supermarket to prevent him from coming in. I think he was mad enough to hit me, but instead, he busted through the doors, snapping the lock in half. "What the FUCK are you doing!" he yelled. I started stepping back, "I can find anyone better than you, who do you think you are?" he continued. I bit my lip, it was the moment of truth and I knew it was time to be strong. "FINE! Then you go ahead and find someone else, I am done with this, I'm leaving! Goodbye!" I pushed past him. He didn't believe me at first. I didn't believe me at first. But my legs kept walking and walking and I refused to look back.

I felt a pang of uneasiness and sadness but it had to be done. Now what? I bumped into this lady I currently work with, Bet, and she was like, "Wow, are you ok?" I explained to her what had happened and she tried to console me and brought me to this restaurant that looked like a mix of this poutine restaurant I went to in downtown Toronto and hot dog on a stick. I was looking at the menu trying to figure out what to order and when I turned around, it was like a line for an amusement park.

Remember those log rides? The splashy water ones. Well, I got onto this one that went up a structure that resembled the St Louis Arch - but at the height of regular tall roller coasters. I was sitting in it and it went up, up, up, "will it ever stop going up" up - and then I realized there was not safety straps or bars to keep you in. It was like sitting in a giant row boat with nothing to hold you in, only small bars for you to grab onto on the sides. I was about vertical to hundreds of feet below. I could no longer remain seated without flipping over and (eventually) out of the boat. SHIT. There was giant pile of towels - massive mountain of them - on the track in front of me, my boat was not going to go over it. It would have to flip off the track, off the ride and plummet down to certain doom. I fell out of it, dangling off the sides from the bars. You know how your heart speeds up and your palms start to sweat? That's what happened and I lost grip, falling down into this giant pool of salt water below.

SPLASH. I break through the surface for air. It seems other people had suffered the same fate from that ride. A teenaged girl and her father were next to me and they were panicking still. After complaining that their ride is super messed up, 3 of the people who had fallen out came over to me (had apparently joined the company) and offered to make up for what happened by inviting me to join this ocean cruising expedition. It felt a little odd. I asked them for details, a general idea, a direction of the things we were going to do but they couldn't tell me. "Oh...don't worry, we've got it planned out. We know what to do, just don't worry about a thing!"

I didn't trust them. I wanted to leave this area. I started walking away. As I headed towards to exit, that teenage girl who was panicking earlier asked me to stay. I told her no thanks, I was going to leave. She gave me a creepy feeling, I didn't really trust her. Someone ran into the salt water pool with a giant jet ski that had huge turbines and they started whirring. Those people needed to get out before they turned into ground meat. I reached over to help pull the girl out, but something in her eyes made me feel uneasy and I didn't want to turn my back to her. After I pulled her out, she asked me if I could pull her dad out - I had a suspicion she wanted the push me in. I started backing away, "N-no sorry, I really gotta go."

I headed towards the exit of what appeared to be the "YMCA". It was all sealed windows. The place was on lockdown. Somehow I knew it had to do with the girl and that she was tracking all the people who were "following" her and those who were "resisting" her. I turned around and saw her behind me. Then it went black.

Much later, I slowly started waking up. I could hear the whirs and beeps of computers all around me. I couldn't really figure out where I was, but I heard her voice again, "Fine, you didn't want to join the Ocean Expedition, now you will stay here and do reports on water samples. Give me one every hour. This is what you get for not obeying me." She laughed evilly and the doors slid shut (like the Star Trek ones). I was still laying on the ground covered in a blanket. My hands felt weird. I moved the blanket off my body and I froze. I stared at my hands, my fingers...whatever they were now...were encased individually in a glass tubes filled with some sort of liquid. They had removed all the skin and flesh down to the bone for the first half of all my fingers. Think "Mars Attacks" where they attached the SJP's head to the chihuahua's body, except it was all my fingers.

I couldn't breathe. No wait, I REALLY couldn't breathe. There was a tube in my mouth and I gasped for air. A disgusting realization hit me. What did they do my head? I found reflective surface and started screaming/gurgling - I'm not sure what it was called. My entire head was in a round glass tube, like a fishbowl, and bolted into my neck. A tube came through it and served as my breathing apparatus. I turned my head to the side. All the skin and bone from my eyebrows and above were removed. I was a half skeleton and my brain was exposed. The nails that held the remainder of my skin and flesh up felt tight around my eyes. The skin was pulled taut and I could barely blink - oh ya, worse than a failed facelift or botox.

How was I supposed to live this? I was a monster now! How long could I possibly survived after the way the disfigured and did all sorts of mad scientist experiments on me?

My heart was racing when I woke up. Damn.

No comments: