Thursday, May 6, 2010

My Funemployment Days Are Numbered!

After countless emails, phone screenings, phone interviews, in-person interviews, a $65 parking ticket, mental breakdowns, traffic-ridden commutes to and from the city I think I may have finally found a little light of hope.

I must first navigate the waters of a 6-week trial period and really figure out if this type of internet marketing is for me. It's like going back to school - there's gonna be a lot for me to learn about writing for search engines and researching software solutions left and right. Blah blah blah. Doesn't sound like the most exciting of things but to be practical, these are skills I could use anywhere afterwards - back to advertising? Join a bigger company or a startup? I reflect on my time in Silicon Valley and realize that I did learn a lot more about these startup environments and internet-based companies. I just know that I would never go back to the industry I was previously in - computer manufacturing. Yeah, not fun.

Oh yeah, they have a dog. It's a French Bulldog and he's cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute.

But let's talk about something that was actually exciting and all the Carpe Diem days that I've tried to have!

1) Napa, CA - V Sattui Winery
It. Was. Awesome! Blue skies, sunny weather, light wines, cheese, salami, picnic, baguettes, duck mousse, crab cakes, soft grass, dress tan, ant bite on leg, breezes that blew fertilizer at our foods and glasses of wine, hitting a bottle cap far far far away with an iron (yesssssss!), cabernet sauvignon chocolate truffles. It was great I didn't have to drive. Hungover before I even got home and reeked of an alcoholic for the rest of the night. Ehh, a little weak sauce, Eh, eh what can I say?

2) First Giants Baseball Game (almost typed football, that would've been disastrous)
So we missed half the game. I ate a hotdog, but c'mon, I was looking for something more like a DANGER DOG or whatever they're called. Sausages rolled in bacon and sauteed in a bed of sliced onions? Yesplz.

3) Driving Range
I think I might be a natural. Haha, no I'm just kidding, but for the first time ever, I was able to knock that ball wayyyyyyy out there to the 50 yard mark. Hahaha...sometimes, it rolled nicely to the 75-ish mark. It looks good. Come watch me.

4) Peter Pan at the Three Sixty Theater in SF off the Embarcadero
Well wasn't a lovely day. Actually, kind of stressful, post-Giants' game human traffic, parking close to 2 miles away from the show. Fizzy wine made up for it and the kettlecorn popcorn. It was definitely an interesting play experience but more for kids. I got a hoodie out of it. Sweet.

Yeah weekdays are kinda lame. Thank goodness for weekends. T-3 days. Oh noes, waking up early is gonna be a pain.

No comments: