Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The little girl in the door.

I tried so hard to remember this dream.

I think it started out with lots of rain and I was traveling somewhere for a show. I remember walking out of this room at a hotel/mansion with a little girl with long light brown hair behind me. I was chatting with her mother and in a split second, we looked away and the little girl disappeared as we walked through the door frame. What happened? Where did she go?

We came back in with the detectives looking at the crime scene. There was a set of blinds that came down over the door frame and a pop up glass door that came out from the ground. I remember seeing a little green alligator on the door as decoration. They pushed the door up and down multiple times unable to figure out what had happened or who had taken her. On the fifth time or so, the door jammed.

The detectives jimmied the door until it came off its wheel hinges and we sat a twisted clump of light brown hair caught in the wheels of the door. A sinking feeling came over all of us. It was her hair. Someone had taken and trapped her in the little attic area above the door frame. But no one knew how. I don't think she was alive anymore.

No comments: