Wednesday, December 29, 2010

He loved me to death, he literally wanted to kill me.

I couldn't remember why I was spending the evening with Bear and his family, but we all ended up at a Chinese restaurant for dinner. There wasn't much going on except for the fact that there was a little pond and fake river running through the restaurant with little koi fish swimming around.

At some point, I left and joined my dad at this Chinese supermarket trying to buy some groceries, but there was a ridiculous line for the bakery area. I heard that Bear's dad disappeared and no one where he went off to. I thought it was odd because I had just finished dinner with them not too long ago.

The lady behind the bakery counter showed me to an aisle where there were these crackers and told me how good they were and that I should totally try them. My dad was getting impatient so I hurriedly accepted and tried to get the rest of the baked goods. As I wandered around, I suddenly found myself inside Target - must've been a Target in Canada (which there are not) because there were fuzzy peaches and other Maynard's brand candies. I grabbed a bag of the raspberry gummies and headed to the checkout. I remember seeing knitted socks hanging on display at the "impulse buy" shelves right by the registers. For some reason, Dawn, my roommate from my junior year, was there and we continued to playfully hurl insults at each other.

A man bumped into me as I walked out from Target and I think it was Dawn's older brother. He said something along the lines of "It's the ones who catch the least attention that are the most attention-grabbing". I had no idea what he was talking about, smiled and walked away.

Suddenly I'm in this room with Jimmy and two other girls whom I do not know. I just remember hearing the girls laughing and waiting around and I'm looking at him scared and confused.

"Please, you don't have to," I pleaded.

"I have no choice, this is how it must be," he replied with a smile that was neither genuine nor sympathetic. He grabbed onto my wrists tightly as I struggled to get away.

"But why? I thought you loved me, please let me go! Can't you make an exception?" but my cries were falling on deaf ears. In my heart, I knew he was no longer the Jimmy I knew. He was alien, figuratively and literally. He wasn't human and neither were those two girls nearby. Somehow I came to the realization that he was some cannibalistic human-ish alien that made kills by biting off the tongue of their victims while his other two partners ate the rest of the victim alive.

Even worse, I realized that somehow those two girls had gotten to Bear's dad and he died a slow and painful death - the way I was going to soon.

I tried begging and pleading - I was even crying now - but still his eyes remained cold and emotionless. "Can you at least make it quick and painless?" I asked, feeling my resignation, what else could I do?

"It's only going to be drawn out and painful. Excruciatingly painful. That's just how it's done." He smiled again and this time I saw his rows of razor sharp teeth, like mini daggers.

I feared for my life and I would never go down without a fight. The two other girls laughed and left the room. I could still hear their laughter echoing throughout the halls long after they were gone. I gathered my courage, took a mental deep breath and dashed towards the window behind me and went straight into the screen. Jimmy laughed at my futile attempts to escape. I kept throwing myself at the screen as he walked closer and closer to me.

Finally, one corner of the screen budged and there was a small hole enough for me to slip right out of. It was about 200ft to the bottom, but I'd rather take my chances there than slowly get torn to pieces and feel every bit of it. I threw myself off the ledge but he grabbed my right ankle. His face was very disapproving. I wiggled and kicked but he had a death grip on me.

I would've rather jumped off a skyscraper than to die like this. I kicked and kicked until I finally woke up.

This morning, I asked him: "Are you going to eat me?"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you must be really disturbed, get help quick.