Friday, October 1, 2010

I dream in Italian and scale my Fit up vertical stone paths.

Even when I sleep I think about food. Last night I was with a group of friends (none that I remember or can even recall actually knowing in real life), but we sat at this huge table for a family-style Italian dinner. Some girl insisted on paying for me - I really don't know her, sorry but thanks for dinner!

The details of dinner I don't remember much, but it was afterwards, when everyone was caravaning through this huge forest with extremely tall trees - I'm thinking 20m+ in height, so the trunks are very skinny. Sunlight was pouring through the open crevices from the treetops, cars were zig zaging past trees, it was like a car commercial (do not attempt at home, professional drivers on a closed course).

Then up ahead, there was this huge opening. On the left it was a dirt path that went on and on, but slowly sloping up. On the right was a steeper rocky road that was bordering the side of the hill, next to a cliff.

I'm driving my Fit, it struggles going even slightly uphill. But everyone's going and I can't get left behind. I see the muddy patches on the left and think "oh God, this is gonna be so messy..." and worry about getting stuck. I end up choosing the left side - no falling off a cliff thanks!

I keep momentum going as I climb effortless up the hill, and then I notice, the road is getting steeper and steeper to the point where I can't let go of the gas or my car might roll backwards. And she's struggling, she's going, are the tires going to grip onto the ground? Oh please please please. I glance over to the cliff path and see this big ass SUVs, trucks making it uphill effortlessly and try to mosey over to their direction. Obviously in real life, gravity wouldn't have allowed me to climb up that hill, but I was rolling over rocky roads, cliff sides trying to fall in track with the big cars.

Then my car couldn't go anymore, I was practically going up vertically and I had gone so far up already. It's like that moment on the free-falling, dropzone rides right before the fall. I feel my car want to backflip off the side of this cliff. Everything freezes.

And I fall.

I'm caught in that moment right between sleep and consciousness.

My heart races.

No comments: