Monday, April 12, 2010

Would you like a gun with that?

It all started really when I had a dream (last night) about me trying to disarm this woman who was pointing a gun at me - or rather my general direction - and I singlehandedly removed the weapon from her and popped out the bullet cartridge thingermabobber and chucked it into the trash. I felt like a secret agent. So cool.

Then the other day as I was riding in my friend's car, he caught me looking around.

"What are you looking at?"
"Oh...I just like to see what people have in their cars."
"Oh me too!"
"Yeah? Yeah! It's fun...check out the armrest compartment, side of the doors...glove compartment...bet you don't have a gun."

I opened it, there was a car charger, a glove (an actual GLOVE in the GLOVE compartment) and some miscellaneous papers. So anticlimatic. Sorry to let you, dear readers, down.

I wistfully say out loud: "I wish I had a gun in my glove compartment". (Cue: That's what she said)

Reasons why Ellis should have a gun (and know how to use one):
1) Because I am sane enough.
2) Because I am a fast learner, great problem solver (no I won't shoot the problem away), clean and organized!
3) Because in the event of needing to disarm a robber, I'd be prepared.
4) Because in the event that the end of the world is near and people may go crazy or the world may be overrun with aliens, I will be able to protect the ones I love and myself.
5) Because I may be the first among friends to have one and they'll be like, wow, never saw that in you.
6) Because Robin Scherbatsky.
7) Because it's smaller than baby grand. Piano or gun? PIANO or GUN? Gun first.

No comments: